Friday, October 21, 2011

And next....?

Little girl is sitting in the car the other day and announces out of the blue,
"Konichiwa means hello!"
I said, "You're right it does - well done sweetie, do you know what language it is from?"
"That is from Japan"
"Ahhh!" I said, "Right again....can you tell me what hello is in Chinese?"
Pause.....pause......."Nee How"

She bowls me over most days - the only time I remember talking about different greetings was a couple of months ago. We also went over a little Spanish and a couple of other languages - most of which she got right - some she didn't know. The other day I woke up to her jumping up on the bed yelling, "Arriba up!" and then jumping down and saying, "Abajo, down". Thank you Dora!

So.........I'm thinking she likes language in general. Hmmmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment